Sprint will headline the grand opening of Curiosity Lab at Peachtree Corners – the nation’s first 5G-powered smart city technology proving ground – on September 11 in the City of Peachtree Corners, Ga. The living laboratory, which includes a 1.5-mile autonomous test track located within an existing 500-acre technology park, enables companies to develop and test emerging technologies with live smart city infrastructure, next-generation connectivity and the most real-world conditions possible.
“We are honored to work with the city of Peachtree Corners to help enable new technologies. With Curiosity IoT and True Mobile 5G, Sprint is bringing together companies – both big and small – to develop and test future-forward technology in one space, sparking innovation and creativity like never before,” said Jan Geldmacher, president, Sprint Business. “From enabling the most accurate real-world navigation possible to delivering immediate intelligence from IoT connections, companies can now better test, and ultimately scale new solutions for the smart city landscapes of tomorrow.”
The grand opening ceremony will paint a vibrant illustration of emerging technologies that will come to life at Curiosity Lab at Peachtree Corners:
- Local Motors “Olli” Autonomous Passenger Shuttle
- CloudMinds: Humanlike service robot with artificial intelligence in the cloud – in addition to a virtual avatar used in retail, hospitality and various other environments
- Softbank Robotics “Little” Autonomous Floor Cleaner
- Autonodyne Autonomous Drone, Valqari Drone and “Mailbox” Landing Pad
- Georgia Power Smart Light Poles
- REEF KITCHENS Delivery-Only Kitchen Solution
- Kia Autonomous Vehicle
Inspiring Curiosity at Smart City Expo – Atlanta
Sprint will also showcase its Curiosity IoT at Smart City Expo. The expo showcases smart city and smart urban solutions, highlighting how A.I., IoT, big data and automation are redefining the future of cities everywhere.
Curiosity IoT: connectivity engineered for IoT intelligence
The industry’s first dedicated, virtualized and distributed core network coupled with an operating system purpose-built for billions of connected devices.
- The groundbreaking offering allows companies to manage and secure IoT devices in ways never before seen.
- Curiosity’s OS is designed to generate invaluable business intelligence from massive amounts of IoT data.
- Connectivity agnostic: from LTE Advanced and 5G to LPWA Cat M network technology, Curiosity IoT allows devices to connect in whatever way necessary according to unique applications.